Thursday, March 19, 2009

How i spend my summer vacation w/ the Philadelphia Phillies, the prequel






a few pics from my ill-fated train ride to Philadelphia. I was summoned to Citizens Bank Park (the greatest ballpark there is!) to kick-start my stoke as i prepare for Season 4 of "How i spend my summer vacation w/ the Philadelphia Phillies." I was supposed to be there @ 6pm and i figured i'd be able to leave before 9:30 so i looked up the schedule for the R2, and damn if i didn't have two options: leave Wilmigton @ 2:45pm to arrive and putz around Philly from 4-6. Or, the 4:45 train which got into Suburban Station 5:39pm w/ a corresponding subway ride culminating @ the Pattison Ave. stop around 10 minutes to 6; perfect w/ an 8 minute walk to the employee entrace.
ETA: no later than 6:15pm.
NO!
the subway stopped for 20 minutes for no reason!??!?! and i went from being Phashionably late to actually quite tardy.
6:25pm: They sent me home!
I was Heated! i thought about Phlippin' out; i didn't.
So i stomped back to the subway, enhanced my calm, and got focused about some goddamn fried chicken. Church's Chicken. 3 piece w/ biscuit for 2.99. Yes! i got a drumstick (which i ate whilst walkin' to Track 3), and two giant hunks o' chicken. You see, i'm pretty sure it was a thigh and a breast. But this chicken was crunchy and greazzy as to obscure the senses. It had skin like they tossed Plastic Man in the deep fryer.
Great Bird!
picture text to Bobby Campbell: "yall sur tak ur chikn vry vry seriously"

i got back to Wilmington @8:37pm. I walked from the train station. I walked a lot all day. Afterwards, i kept it casual.
Wednesday, i took big Shirley, my sweet ride, even if she was bereft of gas, and smells like oil burnin', and everytime i start 'er up she be all "Change OIl Soon!" I figure this weekend is soon.
It was no Prob! and illustrated just how stupid i was to take the train: the meeting lasted way past 9:30, i would of had to schlepp my gear, an award of excellence, a goodie bag, my vital Host documents! all thru the subway, R2, and a 2 mile walk through Wilmington.
i'm soo stupid; but public transportation is stupider still!! i can't use it. i'm gonna be going from Wilmington to damn near 85 times and i might be able to utilize it 6 times. That's whack! they need an 11:35pm train from Philadelphia to Wilmington.

weird phun fact: the rest rooms in Suburban Station are open from 7am to 11pm.
good luck droppin' turds past 11:05.
"you don't gotta go home; but you can't shit here."

Go Phils!
-the Main Man

3 comments:

Steve said...

Yes! No more boring RBI scores. This is journalism at its finest.

Dan said...

Though those scores are all enthralling and vital, Main Man, this tale of woe and triumph and chicken is exemplary.

Steve said...

Also, I love how your color scheme messes with my eyes for about 6 seconds after I stop looking at it. It adds excitement to my life. This is not sarcasm!